I have just been exploring the gadgets available for blogger.com. They include games, news, and art, among other topics. I found one with paintings by Claude Monet. I love impressionist art. I first discovered such art in high school, and have enjoyed it ever since. This last Christmas I spent several days in Sydney and visited the Art Gallery of New South Wales where they had a Monet art exhibition. The paintings there were lovely. Now, thanks to this gadget, I can enjoy Monet's paintings whenever I open this blog.
Here is a picture from Flickr, uploaded by the Powerhouse Museum, of the Art Gallery of New South Wales. When I visited it looked much busier, as it was New Years Eve and hundreds of people were queueing past to get to scenic spots ready to watch the fireworks.
This fireworks image also comes from Flickr. It was created by Jeff Tinsley and uploaded by the Smithsonian Institution. It is of July 4th fireworks highlighting the Washington Monument and the Smithsonian Folklife Festival's Philippines Chapel in 1998.
Here is a picture from Flickr, uploaded by the Powerhouse Museum, of the Art Gallery of New South Wales. When I visited it looked much busier, as it was New Years Eve and hundreds of people were queueing past to get to scenic spots ready to watch the fireworks.
This fireworks image also comes from Flickr. It was created by Jeff Tinsley and uploaded by the Smithsonian Institution. It is of July 4th fireworks highlighting the Washington Monument and the Smithsonian Folklife Festival's Philippines Chapel in 1998.
Ann I have walked passed the Art Gallery in Sydney and this photograph is really clear and shows the strong architectural lines. Dipping into Flickr is great fun. I started a photosteam at the weekend.Cheers.
ReplyDelete