I was able to create a Zoho account using my Google login. The first page of Zoho displays a huge range of applications, some of which are similar to those available in Google. For example, email, wiki, wordprocessing, spreadsheets and presentations.
After I login, I have a choice of the many applications to choose between. I selected Zoho Writer, which then opened a screen which has very similar functions to Google Docs, but with a very different appearance. It looks very user friendly.
I hunted in Zoho to learn how to put documents in folders. I found the help option at the top of the screen, and after much experimenting worked out how Zoho folders worked. I prefer Google's folder system, both for appearance (pictures of folders) and for functionality.
Both Google and Zoho have a lot of basic wordprocessing functions. Zoho has the option to "save as" while Google saves documents by the top line of the document, then gives you the option to "rename". I prefer Zoho in this respect, as I like the extra control over how a document is named.
Zoho has more functions in its basic wordprocessing toolbar, while both have several drop down menus. Google's drop down menus are similar to that in Microsoft Word (the version used at State Library). Zoho's drop down menus have some different headings, but with largely similar functions. Both programmes seem to be very useful for wordprocessing. I have greatly enjoyed using Google Docs over the past years, and think that I would find Zoho equally useful.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment