Monday, September 21, 2009

Licence 2 Test Drive - Part B: Online applications and tools

Google Docs

I have been using Google Docs since October 2007. It is useful having access to wordprocessing from more than one computer. I recently found it very useful when attending a training session about web authoring in the State Library's training room. I was able to type notes, complete with formatting including headings and dot points.

I have created a number of folders within Google Docs. One is for work related material, and the others are for personal use. I appreciate being able to use folders as they enable me to categorise subjects.

Browsing through the documents I have included over the past two years, they include recipes complete with pictures and links to recipe web pages, and a contents page with entries of a similar nature colour coded.

Having easy access to an online word processor with easy formatting and easy organisation of documents is very convenient if you want to access the same document on different computers in different locations.

I have created a small document in Google Docs which I have shared with L2TD@slq.qld.gov.au.

I have not yet made significant use of the spreadsheets or presentations options, although these are available also.

No comments:

Post a Comment