Wednesday, May 13, 2009

RSS Feeds

I have been a user of RSS feeds for many months now, having heard about them at Emerging Media and having read about them on web sites I frequent. I receive RSS feeds on an iGoogle page as well as on a Google Reader page.

Yesterday I joined Bloglines. The registration process was very simple and straight forward, and I was immediately offered a choice of RSS feeds to receive. I then tried the RSS feeds recommended on Licence 2 Test Drive and subscribed to RSS feeds from
I then added the RSS feed for my favourite blog, Desiring God and found two recommended RSS feeds on the Desiring God website: a Twitter RSS feed relating to the travels of John Piper from Desiring God; and an RSS feed for a blog called Fallen and Flawed.

I have in the past not read RSS feeds very much, prefering blogs etc to come to me through my email. Perhaps with these RSS feeds available I shall make more use of this service.

No comments:

Post a Comment